More than Your Average Conference Experience
Our Annual Conference Series is your backstage pass to companies, organizations, and government. Each conference is a series of interactive mini-events that change leadership for the better.
Power of the Individual
It’s not unusual for women to spend most of their time focused on others. The Power of the Individual puts the focus on your personal development. Find your motivation and inspiration for A change!
Do you spend all your time and energy focusing on others? This is the time to focus on you! At Power of the Individual, reflect and focus on personal development, lifestyle, and balance. Get inspired and motivated by others on how to make positive change happen in your career and community.
At the 2018 POI, a large portion of the conference will be a workshop where we will learn and use the philosophy and methodology from the book Play Your Bigger Game by Rick Tamlyn. The workshop will be lead by Shirley Stelbrink, LI Class of 2006, Owner and Senior Consultant, Learning Alliances Company. If you would like a copy of the book, select the following link to order: Play Your Bigger Game.
The POI welcomes alumni to attend the conference and join us for a number of events throughout the three days. You can also invite guests you would like to introduce to Leadership Illinois as a prospect for a future class member.
- 7/18 Lunch - $25 Fellow/$30 Alumni - Hilton Garden Inn, 360 Regency Park Drive, O'Fallon
- 7/18 Dinner $85 Fellow/$95 Alumni - Chophouse, 1405 N. Green Mount Road, #100, O'Fallon
- Option 1: Brown Sugar Brined Fried Chicken: half chicken, pancetta roasted haricot vert, roasted garlic demi glace, and whipped potatoes
- Option 2: Flamed Grilled Salmon: creamy lobster and red pepper, risotto, truffle compound butter, and green onion
- Option 3: 7 oz. Filet Mignon: served with whipped potatoes
- 7/19 Headshots $20 Fellow/$25 Alumni - Holly Kunze Photography, during the morning session at the Hilton Garden Inn
- 7/19 Lunch $25 Fellow/$30 Alumni - Eckert's Belleville Country Store and Farms, 951 S. Green Mt. Road, Belleville
- 7/19 Alumni Reception and Diva Night $35 Fellow/$45 Alumni - Art on the Square, 30 Public Square, Belleville (Catered by Seven Restaurant and Lounge)
- 7/20 Golf Lesson $20 Fellow/$30 Alumni - St. Clair Country Club, 100 S. 78th Street, Belleville
- 7/20 Lunch $20 Fellow/$25 Alumni - St. Clair Country Club, 100 S. 78th Street, Belleville
For the golf lesson you must wear a polo shirt. We are selling Leadership Illinois polo golf shirts for $30 to anyone who would like one. Must order before July 1.
Ladies sizes, XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL
Mens sizes- XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL
Thank you to our 2018 Sponsors:
I have to admit, I didn't know what to expect from this conference; focusing on me has never been a priority. And now I realize how important it is for me to relax, reflect, set goals, and focus on my well-being. It makes me a better colleague, mom, friend and person.
- Monica Rausa Williams, Class of 2008
I really connected with LI because I got the opportunity to spend a good amount of time with other women in similar positions, struggling with many of the same issues. I’ve met countless classmates and alum who’ve demonstrated that you can be a successful leader and still be yourself.
- Kathleen Wessel, Class of 2011
The Alumni Dinner
Have you secretly always wanted to be a diva or maybe you already are! No matter, we have you covered at the alumni reception and diva night event. We will have a reception catered by Seven Restaurant and Lounge and then head out to Art on the Square for a fun filled evening.