Is Leadership Illinois Right For Me?
You’re ready to apply if you:
- Have proven leadership ability.
- Believe real change happens when leaders share lessons and experiences.
- Are looking for unique personal and professional development experiences.
- Love being part of a supportive and valuable network of like-minded women.
- Are ready to increase your influence on the marketplace, in public policy, and through community efforts.
- Can commit to a fellowship year of three fantastic conferences.
- Want to pay it forward by staying involved and participating in a wonderful organization.
Your First Year
Throughout your class year, you'll participate with three amazing conferences with a cohort of about 30 women. Our conferences are designed to educate, energize, and connect. Along the way you'll build a lifelong network of inspiring women who will become friends, mentors, and associates.
Here's what you can expect in the first year.
A glimpse of your first year
Get to know Leadership Illinois
- Attend an Information Session.
- Complete an online application.
The Selection Process
Apply online before December 3
Our selection committee reviews each application and makes a recommendation.
If selected, you'll hear from our executive committee, and your class year begins!
The Conference Experience
April: Attend your first conference: The Power of the Government in Springfield.
July: Reconnect with your class at Power of the Individual.
September: Travel to Chicago for Power of the Marketplace.
Graduate and Become an Active LI Fellow
With three fantastic conferences completed, you graduate. Congratulations!
In the Fall, invite your colleagues to an informational session and share your experiences with women who may be part of the next Leadership Illinois class.
Be an active part of Leadership Illinois by getting involved as an active Fellow.
The Conference Series
Our conference series includes three annual events unlike any other. Our conferences give attendees unique experiences focused on government, personal development, and the marketplace. Graduates walk away with the energy and ideas needed to be a catalyst for positive change right away.
Get a complete picture of how state government works and how you can get involved.Conference Details
It’s not unusual for women to spend most of their time focused on others. The Power of the Individual puts the focus on your personal development. Find your motivation and inspiration for A change!Conference Details
"INNOVATION THROUGH COLLABORATION" -- Now is the time to embrace change together.Conference Details
When you graduate from the program, you become an alum of a wonderful organization! Become an LI Fellow by paying annual dues, and you'll enjoy all the benefits of Leadership Illinois. Plus, attend alumni dinners and annual meetings to reconnect with your fellowship class and expand your network.
Benefits for all active members
Online access to membership resources
- Read expanded articles.
- Browse the membership directory and connect with LI alumni.
- Register for upcoming events.
- Connect with LI fellows and alumni about the topics that matter to you the most.
Frequent networking events
- Alumni dinners to connect with and expand your network.
- Annual meetings to influence the direction of Leadership Illinois.
- Informational sessions help women discover if Leadership Illinois is for them.
I'm Ready to Apply
Excellent! We’re accepting applications now for the 2018 Class Year. Apply by December 3, 2018. Our selection committee will announce the 2019 class in early March 2019.
Learn More Before Applying
Learn more about us and see if our program is for you! Meet our alumni members and get more information about the next class.